DO YOU HAVE BLURRY VISION, EYE STRAIN, HEADACHE ON READING, OR NORMAL ROUTINE?
The blurring of vision is the most common problem related to eyesight that patients report to their Eye specialist. > refractive errors and dry eyes are the two common causes of blurry vision.
If the blurring is due to a problem in vision, i.e. refractive error, the eyes can’t focus images correctly. You may have one of these issues:
- “Near”sightedness= Myopia;
- “Far”sightedness= Hypermetropia
- Astigmatism= Eye needs power at one specific angle.
- Presbyopia= Age-related issue when there is a problem seeing Near Objects.
You can often correct these conditions with eyeglasses, contact lenses, or surgery.
WHAT TESTS NEED TO BE DONE?
The eye specialist does check-ups for:-
- Visual Acuity (Vision for Distance & Near)
- Glasses Prescription (Refraction)
- Eye Pressure (Intra Ocular Pressure)
- Retina & Posterior Segment (This is done after putting Pupil Dilating Eyedrops)
WHAT TYPE OF LENS MATERIAL IS USED?
- Polycarbonate lenses: Resistant to damage by impact.
- High-index plastic lenses: these are THINNER & LIGHTER, suitable for higher prescription
- Aspheric lenses: these lenses have a curvature that varies across the lens surface, & this is unlike the usual circular shape.
*PHOTOCHROMATIC LENSES: Suitable for those spending significant time outdoors as this takes darker shade when exposed to sunlight.
* Antiglare coating / UV 400 Protection: these features provide extra benefits to the user & should be opted for as per professional/ personal requirements.
The Contact Lens Service evaluates and fits patients of all ages using the latest in contact lens technology. Kindly Talk to our experts for your queries on glasses-free life with CONTACT LENSES.
NOTE: GET YOUR VISION CHECKED FOR ANY REFRACTIVE ERROR & USE GLASSES/ CONTACT LENSES AS ADVISED & PREFERRED. GET AN EXPERT OPINION ON YOUR VISION PROBLEM AT OUR CENTRE.
Author Details: –
-Dr. Ashok Sharma
M.S OPHTHALMOLOGY (PGI) | EX. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR PGI CHD.